EcoClean-Ausdrain Drainage Cell
Ecoclean Ausdrain 30mm drainage cell provides a permanent, structural and non-clogging void between the building structure and the soil profile that will not collapse or distort the 30mm void enables a direct flow of water to designated outlets resulting in superior drainage efficiency compared to conventional systems.
ECOCLEAN AUSDRAIN 30mm drainage cell is the most effective and efficient drainage solution for planter boxes, roof gardens, vertical gardens, green roofs and podium landscaped areas and most horizontal drainage applications.
It features high compressive strength and is lightweight reducing weight on the underlying structure by 98% compared to gravel. In addition, there is a 5:1 reduction in the drainage medium height enabling greater scope for soil depth and plantings.
The drainage cell in combination with a geotextile fabric acts as the protection layer for the underlying Waterproof membrane and provides ventilation for concrete slabs. The geotextile fabric is placed over the drainage cell and combined with a layer of washed river sand, filters the water eliminating staining caused by gravel, stone and soil.
ECOCLEAN AUSDRAIN DRAINAGE CELL is supplied in easy to handle .5m x .5m panels making installation fast, saving valuable time and labour on large scale projects. The panels can also be easily interlocked for vertical installation against planter boxes and retaining walls.
- Place the drainage cell over the surface of the membrane and butt together (interlocking is not required). For additional protection a layer protection of 3mm protection board is recommended under the drainage cell.
- Cut the drainage cell where required using a hand or circular saw.
- Place the filter fabric over the drainage cell allowing for a 150mm overlap at each seam. Allow for additional fabric to cushion the edges of the drainage cell around the perimeter against the waterproof membrane and walls.
- Install the drainage cell vertically to the walls of the planter boxes if required and cover with filter fabric. Allow sufficient overlap to the horizontal sections.
- Lay a 50-1OOmm layer of coarse washed river sand to act as a filtration layer over the fabric.
- Lay the soil profile to the required depth Please note that a minimum of 300mm of cover is required before allowing vehicles and machinery to traffic over the surface.
Completed Ausdrain Drainage Cell Projects
Ausdrain has supplied drainage cells for rooftop gardens on the buildings in Middle East development.Ausdrain supplied both megaproject for a total of approximately 50,000 sqm of green developments.
- Waterproof membrane
- Protection board
- Drainage cell
- Geotectile fabric
- Drainage cell
- Coarse washed river sand
- Soil mix
- Outlet pipe
Download Test Report - Drainage Cell